While there are many features in the face that can be a source of cosmetic concern, the hollows under the eyes play a huge role in our aesthetic and confidence. Also known as “tear troughs”, these hollow areas under the eyes can give the patient a look that is inconsistent with how they feel, making it hard for them to branch out socially.
Who is a good candidate for under eye fillers?
The beauty of this non-invasive treatment is that it enables patients to avoid undergoing surgeries that reposition fat in the lower eyelid. Generally speaking, patients who meet the following criteria are good candidates for this treatment:
- Are in good health
- Have mild to moderate sagging under the eyes
- Have healthy, thick skin
- Have experienced volume loss in the under eye region
- Have realistic expectations for the results of the treatment
What can under eye fillers address?
- Dark circles and pronounced shadows due to under eye-volume loss
- A hollow aesthetic in the under eye or tear trough areas, creating “deep-set eyes”
- Strong elasticity and thickness in the skin
- A strong and well-positioned inferior orbital rim (the bones above the cheekbones)
- Fat pockets in the lower eyelids
- Under eye bags that result from aging, weight loss, or genetics