Dr. Halaas is a perfect blend of relatable and professional. Well-known for her empathy and compassionate manner, she is also highly respected as a national expert in aesthetic medicine.
The top female plastic surgeon in NYC
As the best female plastic surgeon and hair restoration specialist on the East Coast, Dr. Yael Halaas is double board-certified in the most selective field by the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is a Key Opinion Leader and international speaker for major aesthetic brands, as well as a clinical investigator for new treatments. She has been a featured guest on Fox News, Dr. Oz , NBC, and Telemundo.
A female plastic surgeon with a reputation for excellence
Dr. Yael Halaas, MD, FACS is recognized as one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the NYC and Westchester area. The daughter of Cuban and Argentine parents, Dr. Halaas uses her multi-cultural background and her liberal arts education to welcome her international clientele of patients into her world-class office. She is fully bilingual in English and Spanish, and is conversational in Hebrew.
Dr. Halaas has made a name for herself as a clinical investigator for cutting-edge aesthetic treatments, and she combines an intuitive understanding of facial symmetry, proportions, and classic beauty with a meticulous dedication to detail. Along with her own advanced medical education and continued pursuit of specialized training, Dr. Halaas often speaks at local and international conferences, broadening the field of aesthetics. She has trained thousands of physicians in her surgical and non-surgical techniques such as lasers, injectables, rhinoplasty, and hair restoration. Educational pursuits allow her to provide a wealth of information and experience to her first love: patient care.
Memberships and Accreditation
Combining Science and Beauty
Due to her advanced knowledge of innovative developments from both a scientific and clinical perspective, Dr. Halaas regularly serves on the advisory board and as a luminary or Key Opinion Leader for many of the leading companies in the aesthetics industry. Her NYC and Westchester area practice regularly participates in clinical trials to further expand knowledge in the field, and she has worked work with some of the most advanced companies in the industry to fully understand how responsible, caring physicians can use science to safely and effectively improve patients’ wellbeing.
Dr. Halaas is proud to have worked with:
Areas of Specialty
Dr. Halaas’s NYC and Westchester area practice offers the best of surgical, injectables, and all laser modalities all in the convenience of one office. She specializes in facelifts, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, injectables, and in the evaluation and treatment of hair loss in women and men. She regularly performs all areas of facial plastic surgery in her nationally accredited facility (for which she herself became an OR inspector nationally), and brings a particular level of compassion and caring to the office.
Safety and efficiency
As the top female facial plastic surgeon on the East Coast, Dr. Halaas implements a high standard of safety:
- For all procedures, she uses extensive pre-op preparation to minimize recovery and improve results
- She uses the most advanced IntraOp® tools
- She became an AAAASF OR inspector in order to know all the standards
- She uses the latest (but proven) techniques
- Adheres to the entire concept of Science & Beauty, from start to finish
Bringing the best to her patients
One of the reasons why Dr. Halaas is considered the best female facial plastic surgeon on the East Coast is because she treats every patient like family or a friend. Her goal is to truly understand what the patient wants to achieve from a personal and aesthetic perspective, and she has the unique ability to balance cutting-edge science with a compassionate bedside manner. What sets Dr. Halaas apart is her ability to listen to a patient’s desires, her aesthetic eye from years of study as an art historian, her meticulous attention to detail, and her empathy. Her patients know that they can trust her — and that makes her invaluable.
Dr. Halaas is the New York City Director of the R.O.S.E. Fund, a national non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing, assisting, and empowering women who have broken the cycle of domestic violence. She is also an active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the world’s largest specialty association (which represents over 2,800 of the world’s most influential facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons). She is a board member of Reconstructing Hope, which provides cosmetic and reconstructive medical care to victims of domestic violence.
Outside of the office, Dr. Halaas is a dedicated mother, daughter, wife, and avid gardener. She enjoys tennis, horseback riding, and skiing. In 2013, she and her husband were awarded a Congressional Recognition for Community Service in their local community. Dr. Halaas enjoys sharing her plastic surgery knowledge with peers, both nationally and internationally. She regularly speaks at conferences throughout the United States on rhinoplasty, hair transplants, and emerging technologies. Internationally, she routinely travels to lecture in Italy, Paris, Mexico, Spain, South America, and Australia, spending time with cherished colleagues.
- Yael Halaas, MD; Natalie A. Krane; Elena A. Christofides "Advances in Hair Restoration" (23 August 2021) view here
- Yael Halaas, MD; Diane Duncan, MD; Jan Bernardy, PhD; Petra Ondrackova, PhD; and Ivan Dinev, DVM, PhD, DSc "Activation of Skeletal Muscle Satellite Cells by a Device Simultaneously Applying High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Technology and Novel RF Technology: Fluorescent Microscopy Facilitated Detection of NCAM/CD56" Oxford University Press (January 2021) view here
- Yael Halaas, MD; Diane Duncan, MD; Jan Bernardy, PhD; Et al. "Activation of Skeletal Muscle Satellite Cells by a Device Simultaneously Applying High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Technology and Novel RF Technology: Fluorescent Microscopy Facilitated Detection of NCAM/CD56." Aesthetic Surgery Journal (January 2021) view here
- Gupta, A.K.; Renaud, H.J.; Halaas, Y.; Rapaport, J.A. “Exosomes: A new effective non-surgical therapy for androgenetic alopecia?” SkinMed (May 2020) view here
- Halaas, Y.; Bernardy, J. “Mechanism of nonthermal induction of apoptosis by high-intensity focused electromagnetic procedure: Biochemical investigation in a porcine model.” Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology (January 2020)