by Erika | posted on July 1, 2014
The 5 Benefits of a Facelift
Your face is a significant part of your identity. If you always appear tired and worn out, it can affect your self-confidence. Facelift surgery can restore your sparkle, allowing your personality to shine through. Here are a few reasons why facelift surgery can benefit you:
- Tighten the facial muscles. With age, the underlying structures of your face—also known as the superficial musculo-aponeurotic system (SMAS)—tends to weaken and sag. Before repairing any loose skin, this underlying structure must first be tightened and rearranged. This lessens the tension on your skin and helps the results of your facelift to be long lasting.
- Repair any loose skin. Sagging skin will be restored to a more youthful, natural look. The skin should not be overly tight, or it can appear pulled. By removing sagging skin, you will be amazed how many years can be knocked off of your appearance!
- Improve facial contours. The mid facelift helps to restore the cheeks and lower eyelids to a smoother look. The lower facelift eliminates jowls and smoothens out the neck, creating a more appealing jawline contour.
- Look as young as you feel. With a facelift, your energetic personality will match your facial expression. By reversing the effects of gravity and smoothing all fine lines and wrinkles you will look far more youthful, and you’ll feel it too!
- Enhance your career. Unfortunately, it’s been proven that attractive individuals make more money, get promoted faster, and are overall more successful than less attractive individuals. With that being said, showing your age can hinder your career. With a more lively and youthful appearance, you’re likely to stay in the game.
A facelift can reverse time, leaving you with a refreshed appearance. Most facelift patients are active and youthful in spirit. A facelift helps these individuals to achieve a facial appearance that matches that attitude.
For more information, please visit our facelift page and schedule a consultation!